Many pockets of the Halifax Regional Municipality are finding themselves in a seller's market in late 2018 & continuing through into the new year of 2020. Inventory of available homes for sale is low. Some properties listed on MLS® are receiving competing offers. If you are lucky enough to be experiencing a sellers' market, it is indeed a fabulous time to list your home for sale.
Take advantage of the pent-up demand & contact Merv today because demand drives competition. With few homes to choose from, the nicest homes are attracting the most attention but even the outdated perhaps even ugly homes will sell too simply from the lack of inventory to pick from,
Want To Attract Multiple Offers? A foolish question, of course you do! Exactly how do you generate your best chance of a quick sale & to obataining competing offers? Here is what Merv & his clients do:
- Prepare your home for sale. Merv & Natalie can make recommendations on how best to prepare your home. Most often it is simply some decluttering, packing & deep cleaning. It may also include some minor repairs, updating a few light fixtures of painting, using white light light bulbs & making your home brighter. Some times, a Home Stager can be employed to further help prepare your home for sale by making it beautiful & appeal to the vast majority of home buyers. For a guide on DIY Home Staging CLICK HERE
- Set your asking price at or a hair less than the current market value. Merv will help you determine the best price to list your home for by providing you with recent comparables in your area & knowledge of those properties.
- Merv will activate your listing, in most cases on a Thursday evening, Friday or a Monday morning. On Mondays, listings are seen by more REALTORS® however, home buyers often research new listings on Thursday evening or Friday to book viewings for the weekend.
- Have An Open House. Merv likes to hosts an Open House on the first Sunday that your home is on the market. Home buyers love to peruse Open Houses. They often call their own real estate agents after visiting an open house in order to book another showing. Sometimes, seeing other buyers visiting the open house will give them the impression that they need to act quickly & write an offer.
- Give Buyers & their real estate agents ample access to your home. Limiting access may give the buyers the feeling that you will be difficult to negotiate with.
- Be Social & Get The Word Out. Merv & Natalie are very active on social media, as you may have noticed. So when they post ad ad for your home, share it. Of course, refrain from answering questions or making remarks about your home. You could inavertingly scare buyers away or comprimise your negotiating ability.
- Allow Merv to install a For Sale Sign. Your neighbours obviously enjoy living in your community & may have friends & family looking to move to the area. It also makes your home easier to find by buyers & their agents.
Of course, to get the entire process started, you need to contact Merv (902 ) 497-1217.